There is no one profile of an ideal candidate. Whatever your background, you believe that every student can achieve and will do whatever it takes to help them get there.
Nevada Teacher Corps (NTC) provides an accelerated pathway into teaching for accomplished professionals and recent college graduates. To be considered for our program, you must:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree (conferred by June 2017);
- Meet all legal requirements to work in the United States; and
- Pass a criminal background check and drug test before the start of school.
We will review your application carefully to confirm you have the right skills and expertise to teach in one of our partner schools. For the 2017-18 school year, NTC is recruiting elementary school teachers. Recruiting teachers to teach in K-5 classrooms allows us to provide NTC schools with the teachers they need the most, and also makes it easier for you to secure a job.
To earn your elementary teaching license, you will need to meet the requirements below.
- Complete the following tests: Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators, a series of three tests covering reading, writing and mathematics, and Praxis Content Area Test (Elementary Education: Instructional Practice and Applications).
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Complete NTC's academic requirements.
More information on all requirements, including exceptions, is available on the Nevada Department of Education website. More»
Note: Eligibility and academic requirements are established by the Nevada Department of Education and are therefore non-negotiable and subject to change.